Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek 2023
Introduction: The Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek is a mesmerizing journey that takes you through some of the most picturesque landscapes in the Indian Himalayas. This moderate-level trek spans 6 days, offering breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, lush meadows, and serene alpine forests. Here's a detailed itinerary of the trek and essential information to help you plan your adventure.
Trek Difficulty: The Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek is rated as a Moderate-Level 1 trek, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. It requires a moderate level of fitness and prior trekking experience is not mandatory.
Trek Duration: The entire trek spans over 6 days, providing ample time to soak in the beauty of the surroundings and explore the wilderness.
Highest Altitude: The highest point on the trek reaches an altitude of 12,550 feet (3,825 meters), offering stunning panoramic views of the majestic mountains.
Trail Length: The total trail length covers approximately 29 km, taking you through diverse terrains and landscapes. Conclusion: Embark on the Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek for an unforgettable journey through lush meadows and picturesque mountains. This moderate-level trek is an ideal choice for nature lovers, photography enthusiasts, and anyone seeking an immersive experience in the lap of the Himalayas. Join this expedition to create lasting memories and discover the true beauty of the Indian Himalayas.
Are you ready for an unforgettable adventure in the lap of the majestic Himalayas? Ukhike is proud to present the Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek, a mesmerizing journey that will take you through picturesque landscapes, pristine meadows, and charming villages. This moderate-level trek is perfect for both beginners and experienced trekkers, offering a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural experiences.
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate (Level 1)
- Trek Duration: 6 days
- Highest Altitude: 12,550 feet / 3,825 meters
- Trail Length: Approx 29 km
Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Lohajung
- Drive Distance: 260 km
- Drive Duration: 10-11 hours
The journey begins from the spiritual town of Rishikesh, where you'll be picked up by Ukhike and driven through scenic routes to Lohajung. The drive is an adventure in itself, offering glimpses of the mesmerizing Garhwal region.
Day 2: Drive from Lohajung to Wan. Trek to Gehroli Patal
- Trek Distance: 6.3 km
- Trek Duration: 6 hours
- Altitude Gain: 7,550 ft to 10,350 ft
After breakfast, Ukhike will drive you to Wan, the starting point of your trek. The trail takes you through dense forests, charming hamlets, and finally to the enchanting meadow of Gehroli Patal.
Day 3: Trek from Gehroli Patal to Abin Kharak via Bedni Bugyal
- Trek Distance: 5.6 km
- Trek Duration: 5-6 hours
- Altitude Gain: 10,350 ft to 11,145 ft via 12,550 ft
Get ready to be captivated by the breathtaking beauty of Bedni Bugyal, one of the largest high-altitude meadows in India. The trail leads to Abin Kharak, offering panoramic views of the surrounding peaks.
Day 4: Trek from Abin Kharak to Didna via Ali Bugyal
- Trek Distance: 9.3 km
- Trek Duration: 5 hours
- Altitude Loss: 11,145 ft to 8,150 ft
Today, you'll descend from Abin Kharak to the charming Ali Bugyal, another stunning meadow adorned with vibrant flora. The trail then takes you to the quaint village of Didna, where you'll spend the night amidst nature's serenity.
Day 5: Trek from Didna to Lohajung
- Trek Distance: 8 km
- Trek Duration: 4-5 hours
- Altitude Loss: 8,150 ft to 7,550 ft
The final day of trekking takes you back to Lohajung. Relish the last moments on the trail and soak in the tranquility of the Garhwal Himalayas.
Day 6: Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh
- Drive Distance: 260 km
- Drive Duration: 10-11 hours
- Drop off Time: 7 pm
As the journey comes to an end, Ukhike will drive you back to Rishikesh with a heart full of memories and an adventurous spirit.
- Forest permits
- Experienced Tour Guide
- Support staff during the trek
Itinerary In Table:
|Day||Activity||Distance (km)||Duration||Altitude (ft)|
|Day 1||Drive from Rishikesh to Lohajung||260 km||10-11 hours||-|
|Day 2||Drive from Lohajung to Wan. Trek to Gehroli Patal||6.3 km||6 hours||7,550 ft to 10,350 ft|
|Day 3||Trek from Gehroli Patal to Abin Kharak via Bedni Bugyal||5.6 km||5-6 hours||10,350 ft to 11,145 ft via 12,550 ft|
|Day 4||Trek from Abin Kharak to Didna via Ali Bugyal||9.3 km||5 hours||11,145 ft to 8,150 ft|
|Day 5||Trek from Didna to Lohajung||8 km||4-5 hours||8,150 ft to 7,550 ft|
|Day 6||Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh||260 km||10-11 hours||-|
- Transportation: Comfortable and secure transportation from Rishikesh to Lohajung and back.
- Accommodation: Cozy and safe accommodation during the trek.
- Meals: Nutritious and delicious meals provided throughout the trek.
- Forest Permit: Necessary permits for trekking through the scenic landscapes.
- Tour Guide: Experienced and knowledgeable guide to lead the trek.
- Spot Staff: Supportive staff to assist during the trek.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Where is Bedni Bugyal located? Bedni Bugyal is a picturesque high-altitude meadow situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India. It lies at an elevation of approximately 11,145 feet (3,397 meters) above sea level and is a prominent attraction on the Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek.
- What does the term "Bugyal" mean? The local term "Bugyal" refers to expansive high-altitude meadows or pasturelands found in the Uttarakhand region of India. These bugyals are characterized by lush greenery, vibrant wildflowers, and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
- What is the total distance covered in the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek? The Ali Bedni Bugyal trek spans over 6 days and covers a total distance of approximately 29 kilometers, allowing trekkers to immerse themselves in the beauty of the Himalayas.
- How challenging is the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek? The Ali Bedni Bugyal trek is rated as a Moderate-Level 1 trek, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. It involves moderate ascents and descents, and a basic level of fitness is recommended.
- What level of fitness is required for the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek? While prior trekking experience is not mandatory, a moderate level of fitness is essential to comfortably enjoy the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek. Regular cardiovascular exercises and strength training will aid in your preparation.
- What type of accommodation can I expect during this trek? During the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek, accommodation is provided in comfortable tents or basic guesthouses, depending on availability along the trail. The trek organizers ensure a safe and cozy stay for all trekkers.
- When can I experience snow on the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek? The presence of snow on the trek route largely depends on the time of the year. Typically, snow is found in the higher reaches during the winter months, from late November to March.
- Can I bring my child on this trek? Is there an age limit? Children above the age of 12 years can participate in the Ali Bedni Bugyal trek, provided they are physically fit and capable of enduring the trek's demands. However, it's essential to consult with trek organizers before bringing children along.